12-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #30
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
The smell with catless dp's along with straight pipes is awful! It's way too loud(my neighbors want to shoot me every morning I start it) and have been told it now sounds like a turbo diesel...the only good that came from going catless is the amazing sound of the turbos spooling I'm going to be installing a full exhaust system asap...my wife can't take the smell anymore
Do you have pics of your muffler delete setup and how did the power feel before and after? I've only got catless downpipes and a tune now, get a slight drone here and there that can be remedied with more throttle.

I'm doing the cliche thing everyone does when they spend money on parts by trying to justify our purchase and decision, be it good or bad. Either way I wanna delete the muffler for sake of flow and hearing the turbos more. I'm doing an x-pipe since it's supposed to add more depth to the exhaust note, but I'm thinking I should add or R&R the stock resonators for larger ones. Below is a pic from Turner Motorsports website and their exhaust system next to the factory piece. Other than being titanium with better bends, it looks like their resonators are larger as well. Quoted from their website "This “cat back” exhaust system is manufactured entirely from titanium. One of the most important changes is the incorporation of an X-pipe in the system. The inclusion of an X-pipe increases low to mid-range power while at the same time producing a deeper exhaust note that the original system lacks. Additionally, a pair of resonators are added to eliminate any chance of in-cabin droning." - http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-43...m-e71-x6m.aspx
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 12-07-2015 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0