08-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #12
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmayank View Post
Hi

Are you happy with the performance of these turbo blankets, would you recommend putting these on a BMW X5M. It seems you had to remove the OEM heat shield to install the blanket. Is it worth the effort. I checked with PTP and their blanket can be installed inside or outside the OEM heat shield. Someone installed it over the OEM heat shield. Is it worth spending money and effort and I am not sure if this affect the warranty as well.
If you can afford it and want to reduce the heat in the engine bay I'd go with the PTP blanket. Some guys on the forum have them and have stated that you can rest your hand on the blanket while the engine is running. Seems like it should help reduce bay heat.

I bought the individual blankets and catless Downpipes. I can't really say if the temps reduced at all. The bay still gets pretty hot and I pop the hood when I get home and leave the garage door open to allow it to cool down. It's also a pain to install the individual blankets since they're so large. Only one company sells the smaller t22 blankets and they are $250 each which is the same price as buying one PTP blanket.
Appreciate 0