11-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackX6 View Post
As I mentioned in the post, i multiplied the raw numbers (369hp and 500lbft torque) by 1.20 - number which I pulled out of my a*s.... Which would give me the 442hp and 600lbft torque. This would account for a 17% loss of power and torque from the flywheel to the wheels... which I think is certainly reasonable for a 4 wheel drive vehicle with automatic transmission. But like I said, the reason why the hp is so low is because the truck was struggling for air at the high rpm's/speed... I am almost tempted to go back and re-dyno it with huge fans in front...
Overall, the truck is AWESOME and I am VERY happy with it... I had a 2008 Jeep SRT8 which I just sold - the pickup on the X6 is AMAZING when compared to anything else out there I have tried out... In some ways it feels more aggressive then my SL55 AMG - which has 515hp and 540 lbft of torque - especially at low rpms 2000-3500....
Yep, your factor was there - sorry - over it. I've seen the 1.2 or 20 percent loss factor used a number of times.

As far as the fans go, don't think you can get enough air through there.

You probably saw Diana talk about it - he's got these wind tunnel fans. Don't know why these serious dyno shops don't invest in some credible air moving equipment. You'd think because it's their stock and trade they'd want to do it right.
Appreciate 0