View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #26
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440 Gran Coupe

So sorry for your loss. The only way I get through it is to remember that if there was no hurt there would be no love and to not love on and be loved by my pets would just absolutely suck. There is also something special about how the bond does for sure deepen, or at least for me it did, when a pet goes through trauma like Bowser did. Sounds like you guys had a hell of a bond and that is just awesome.

The only saving grace is that with our pets we do get to choose to do it again when the time is right. On this one everyone is different. You'll have people telling you to go out and rescue a dog tomorrow and you'll have people who say they can't handle the pain again. I don't get the not being able to handle the pain again as I tend to think more about the absolute joy it brings to our pets to live out their best lives under our care and yes it sucks when they go before we do, but at least we get to give them the best lives they can have. You'll know when the time is right, but until then just mourn. It only shows how much you truly care.
Appreciate 1