View Single Post
      10-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #28
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
BMS has their N54 catch can that works under boost only, while the RB/Mishimoto setup works the rest of the time. I only did the RB setup on my GF's 535xiT and it works awesome while needing to be emptied about once a month, so I know it's working.

I don't know which is the best route to go with the S63, nor do I know if it cab be plugged somehow. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can give their input on what's the best way to go about it.
I've been busy dealing with other issues/maintenance items with the car that I haven't got to the oil catch-can setup yet. There's also not much free time since I have two little kids.
I pulled hose #2 from where it connects to the crankcase system. (see the attached pic) this might be a check-valve/one-way-valve. There wasn't enough room for me to test it. However, if you still have that piece laying around it'll be easy to test. you should be able to suck air from it but not blow into it.

So if this connector has a check valve and you removed it from your setup, you shouldn't have any problems under normal driving. Though when in boost, positive pressure will be entering the crankcase system through pipes #1 and #2. you will also loose boost pressure.

This issue happens a lot when people convert an NA car to FI. It's easy to overlook some of the vacuum hoses that need to be modified to handle vacuum and boost.

Anyway, I hoping to install an oil catch can soon and will run some tests.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0