Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Sounds good to me! let me know how it goes. I reall do like the rectangular tip as well and have considered going that route a few times. Still undecided between those and the carbon fiber ones, lol. I did read somewhere on this forum a while ago who did the thing you did, and they mentioned that when the dealer retro fits the 50i exhaust tips to the 35i, the valve is removed. Not sure exactly why. if you look for the guy who posted that comment, you will know you found him if you come across a pic of a Monaco Blue X6 35i with the 50i exhaust tips! great looking car... yours too!
Thanks! Hard to see your car from the avatar, but you appear to have a "Darth Vader" (as I've heard my black x6 called before) as well. Add it to "BMW Garage" with some nice pictures! Just did this recently myself, need to make sure they fall within the size spec or they will not upload.

The square tips probably fill that space a little nicer than the upgraded round tips, but that valve is definitely removed. So if you did not care for the golf tee mod, don't get them. There thread I linked in my first post here might be the one you're looking for, It had pics of the Exhaust tips only, not the whole car unfortunately.

Oh and the 4000 rpm run helped more than I initially thought. At almost 27k miles that is... probably no point in trying it until you experience any issues where the acceleration no longer feels "smooth".
Appreciate 0