01-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #164
.:DudoE90:.
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d

E70 LCI paddle shifters coding

Hello,
im struggling with paddle shift retrofit and I'm stuck with coding.
I have 2010 E70 LCI 3.0d with 8-speed gearbox and I purchased X5M steering wheel without paddles (but with multifunction buttons) and separately E70 LCI paddles. I successfully combined them and installed in car, I didn't do any changes to wiring on paddles or desoldering resistor as I found that on LCI 8 speed gearbox paddles must be with resistors.
After that I did wiring according to wiring diagram - from connector X1880 pin 2 to X6031 pin 9 and pin 4 from X1880 to ground and I got 5V between pins 4 and 6 behind airbag.
So, I would say wiring is done right.

Then I started coding to enable paddles. With NCS expert I added in VO $7XA to CAS and made coding with empty file to KOMBI, CAS and EGS.
When I made reading in EGS I found out that there is no PADDLE on the list which I have to change to wert_02. I suspected that maybe my production date is problem since it is from early beginning when LCI started. It was #0410 so I tried to change it and I could make #1011. When tried newer dates program throws error. (before adding $7XA and also made reading of EGS and there was no PADDLE option also)

In my EGS file are following options:

NIC - aktiv
MIL_SCAN_TOOL - wert_04
SPORT - nicht_aktiv
ALLRAD - aktiv
NIC_NEU - aktiv
SPORT_NEU - nicht_aktiv
VMAX - wert_01
MAB - wert_00
STOP_GO - nicht_aktiv

And that's it, there is no PADDLE option.
Can somebody please give me advice what to do next? Is maybe update of EGS needed or I did some wrong step before?
Appreciate 0