View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero950 View Post
Folks, ran into a recent problem and am wondering if any one else has had a similiar problem..
Drive a 5.0 ordered with the 7 RR option, had the Dinan software and exhaust package installed in October by Galleria BMW in Boston, ran fantastic. So I decided to have the BMW hitch installed so I could tow my toys.
The physical install went well, the problem was the software install that recognized the lights , deactivated the backup alarm, etc.
The problem is this installed the latest BMW ECU software and after reloading the Dinan tune the new software rejected the Dinan tune. No engine malfunction light just 50 MPH mas speed and 10 minutes to get there. What a let down. Dinan and Galleria are still trying to figure it out.
Any one else with this latest problem with BMW trying shut down any ECU modifications???
Yes I had a similar problem. 2011 X6 50i. installed the performance aero package firtst, new bmw software was installed to correct foglight error message, since foglights are gone with aero package. after that dinan software was being rejected. finally a dinan tech had to physically call and be on the line while bmw techs finally managed to get it installed. someone at dinan def know about this issue. the problem is when the lateste bmw software goes in first dinan is hard to install
good luck
Appreciate 0