View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #53
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
We just recently released these and have not had the chance yet to get pictures or a video of an X5. I will work on this and see if there are any vehicles local to us that can help out.

HID lights don't focus the light at all and that's why they are so blinding on the inside, and dim on the outside. The design of the LED's we use focuses as much light as possible into the outer rings and allows they to be bright and almost as bright as the inner ones.
seems like you guys are trying to solve the problem with redirection when the root problem is the fact that there's just not enough projection of the light through the pre-LCI light tubes. I've tried the ibrights before on my M3 and they are nowhere close to OEM LEDs. When I got my LCI X5, you can't even compare the two, the ibrights were embarrassingly low light temperature because the LUX and similar bulb replacement is simply using 1 concentrated bulb and attempting to project it through a system of light tubes. Unless technology is changing and you can shove a light 10000x brighter into a bulb without taking up too much energy, you just won't get the same effect as a LED ring of lights that line up the halos.

What would help all of us would be if you can line up an OEM LED X5 or E9X car with a LUX outfitted pre-LCI car and let us do a side-by-side comparison. And then, I'll be tempted to try the LUX on my M3. My thought has always been that all HID replacement bulbs are the same, they will never be close to OEM LEDs...

and I know, the camera lies, the lens filter a lot of the surrounding light and makes the halos pop out more in pictures.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 04-07-2015 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0