View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #14
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmayank View Post
I wouldn't mind paying extra for the quality. Which brand you installed and is your car also a BMW X5M. I checked with PTP and their blanket is on back order and will only arrive in September.

The PTP one can be installed over the OEM heat shield, so I think the installation may be fairly simple. My only concern is that the warranty on the vehicle may get void.
I would Highly, Highly doubt your warranty would be voided by this blanket...and if you have symptoms of your turbos going then just take the blanket off before getting it checked out. The hardest part of install for the PTP would be unscrewing the O2 sensors...otherwise it's easily accessible.

I have a 2012 X5M and installed Thermal Zero T25 blankets on it. The turbos on the X5M are GT22s so very small. The blankets I bought barely fit, and I had to tighten them down with exhaust wrap ties. Then it was kind of a pain to reinstall the heat shield. The individual blankets I bought were $100 each so I paid $200 total vs $500 PTP blanket. Like I said, if you have the cash then the easy right answer is PTP.

Just go to your truck, pop the hood, take off the plastic rear engine cover and you can see right where the blanket would go. You would need some internal torx bits, an extension or two, a 10mm socket, a O2 Sensor socket, and torque wrench. Go to the link below and follow pages 14-19. Too easy

http://www.hotcarparts.de/bilder/Akrapovic/EBA/X5M.pdf

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs

Last edited by jandref321; 08-14-2017 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: added a few words
Appreciate 0