03-30-2017, 03:41 PM   #105
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1z View Post
Good choice.

I started with a Honda 500r (471cc) and it was far too slow for me to really enjoy it. Coming from an M, I wanted something more exhilarating and with more power on tap. I traded in the 500r for a Daytona 675r a month after I bought it. Haven't looked back. I don't push it hard but I give it some throttle whenever I want a quick rush (same thing I do with my M).

There are pros and cons to starting on either. As long as you respect the bike and understand the consequences, IMO, you can start on anything.
Ummm...No.

There's a reason why other countries have graduated licensing for motorcycles. Countries that have a way better licensing system than the joke we have here in the States. There's a reason why racers have to graduate up classes. No one jumps on a GP bike as their first time out racing.

There is a limit as to how far that "respect" is going to save your a$$ past a certain displacement sport bike. And if you ride in fear of the bike all the time is it really the right bike for you?
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00