View Single Post
      01-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #27
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarg View Post
Thanks guys. Those are both good cars, but I'm restricting myself to the San Francisco Bay Area or within 2-3 hours driving distance. I would say my budget caps at $40,000 which I think with a little bit of patience I should find one with good clean history, low mileage, and good options.

Has anyone used carmax? I was just looking at their website and it seems that the prices are better than at any BMW dealership and their inventory is constantly updating.
be careful buying a "CPO" BMW from anyone else other than a private seller or BMW dealership. In a nutshell if the car was CPO'd starting in 2014, only private sellers and BMW dealers can transfer CPO warranty to you. CarMax and the likes cannot.

I think $40k is a pretty good budget since you're looking at 2011 models that are out of original warranty. We'd been emailing back and forth, but I highly recommend that 2012 X5D that I pointed you towards in SF, I would have bought that one, but options didn't work out for me.

I would say if you're looking at 2011s without warranty, for 35i cars, you should be paying around mid-30s for something with 35k miles or so. I haven't paid too much attention to 35i, mostly X5ds...so if you're interested, i'll let you know what you're looking at in terms of pricing for diesels. PM me your tel.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 01-16-2015 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0