View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #24
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
I guess the reason people aren't jumping on this, is you haven't really fixed a problem with the S63 - the factory intake location is exactly the same, and overall filter area between the two is similar.
I understand your argument with location, but you're neglecting the increase in filter surface area, location of the filters, and the flow not having to make drastic transitions like the stock setup. These three areas of improvement are why we see a benefit with out intakes.

Without demonstrating undeniable performance gains, irrespective of M-tax, you're asking people to drop US1300-1600 on essentially an aesthetic swap, which will only be seen when the hood is up and you're being Brian O'Conner.

Not sure what this cost to develop and manufacture, but you might get some bites at a lower price?

I'm sure I can speak for other X5M/X6M owners in expressing our appreciation to you for developing options for our platform, but with all the other performance mods stacked up before this, it would probably get pushed into the nice-to-have pile (IMO).
We've already posted dyno numbers. That was done a while back, here is the graph again. This dyno pull was done with the customer infront of the vehicle who i believe is a member on here as well.

If you'd guys would like to setup a groupbuy with a special price, you are more than welcome to.

Just like our other intakes, everything hits the advertised power. For the graph above, we did not remove the car from the dyno. We made the pulls, shut car off, removed intakes, installed new intakes, made new pulls. This was done in a matter of 20-30 minutes at most. Not testing on different days, different dyno, or whatever else you can do to adjust the numbers.

If there's any doubt our intakes don't produce withing +/- 5whp of advertised power, we will gladly take them back. We have yet to have a customer return a set of intakes because they did not make advertised power. Id argue our advertised numbers are on the conservative side if anything.

-R
Appreciate 0