fsd350
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalby View Post
I want to buy a used luxury SUV in the 2012-2014 years since my price range is about $25K for a used vehicle. We are empty nesters and I just need a 5 passenger SUV, no 3rd seat is needed.

I was thinking hard about a X5 but after studying on this site, I think I am scared to purchase a used X5 that is out of warranty. I am seeing stories on here where people would never purchase a BMW X5 unless it was a CPO with an extended warranty or the buyer risks going broke. Why are BMWs so unreliable and expensive to repair??

I really want a NICE leather luxury interior SUV. But I want reliability. I have been going back and forth between the following:

Acura RDX
Lexus RX 350
Cadillac SRX
Lincoln MKX
Audi Q5

Any recommendations from your experience are really appreciated on model and year.

Thank you!
Acura MDX is a Honda Pilot, Minivan and Ridgeline on the same platform
Lexus RX is a Toyota Highlander which is based on the Camry platform

If you have to ask, then a BMW may not be for you. Buying a European performance brand is not usually a sensible thing. You buy a BMW for the drive. The Japanese build a fine appliance, but why pay 20k more for a Lexus when a Highlander is the same thing? Mediocrity at its finest. Same old V6 and slushbox transaxle they have had in every chassis for over 20 years. Same old technology replicated from the Europeans and Americans. They have a hell of a marketing machine though.
Appreciate 2
jiggz2141.00
gsnake19.00