01-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #385
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyspeed View Post
TT,

I'm glad you replied to my question and concern. I'm going to take a wild stab and say maybe 10% of X owners use them for some type of towing. The other forum I frequent have several posts about towing and setups. Most use X's for campers, boats and racing trailers. The X's have a really good tow rating of 6000lbs and actually tow quite well. I know with my diesel trucks in the past they would say most tunes were good for 2000lbs and anything over that they would recommend a tow tune and not a performance tune.

(I know 2000lbs don't sound like much, but they take into consideration most people don't count the weight of the trailer. I've seen a lot of guys towing 2 side by sides on a large steel trailer and claim they are only towing 2000lbs. They don't realize the trailer weights 2000lbs alone)

The weather here hasn't been cooperative for me to get my trailer out and load it up to do a couple test pulls. If I get a chance here soon I'll try to post up a couple logs with stage 1. As long as the timing hasn't been pumped up a lot and the egt's stay reasonable it should be fine around my area. It's only when you get into long mountain pulls in hot weather when problems might arise.

Do you have any info on the safety's these have for the EGt's? Do they automatically start backing down the timing or boost pressure? Do gas motors work like diesels with egt's, you can drop a gear in a diesel to raise rpm's and drop egt's.

I'm sure I'm asking questions 90% of users don't care about, but these are serious questions when towing. Again, thanks for answering these questions. Any information or feedback is appreciated. I don't know if I should have started a new post for this or not. It might benefit in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Twisted Tuning Steadyspeed I purchased my X5 explicitly to tow. So count me in for a towing map.

If you guys are willing to work with me and get me logs and etc of you hauling and etc. I will put something together and speak to Martial at some point about it. Or just Offer it as a free download for supporting MHD.

But yes, if you guys can help with logs. I don't mind helping outside regular OTS map development. I don't have an X-series to test on, so i'll need you guys.

Let me know. Logs can be sent to my email. with details of possibly whats being towed and weight and etc.
Appreciate 1