View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #57
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplatt83 View Post
I have a 2011 x5 35d and just bought your product last night, the LUX 160's. I was very hesitant to buy since there are no pictures or videos floating around yet of an x5 with the bulbs installed.

What sold me was the 1 year warranty, good customer service, and advancements in new technology. Your bulbs seem to be the brightest on the market right now and that is what I was looking for. The closest thing to a 2012+ OEM LCI.

The YouTube video of the 160's looked stellar. I hope the x5 can mimic that pure white look with the outer ring being so well lit up.

Very anxious to receive them. I already got my tracking info within minutes of purchase last night.

I will post pictures once they are installed. I'm taking out GP Thunder 8500K. I only had them in for a few weeks. The sunlight washed them out completely and once I turned on my headlights they turned yellow. For $15 you get what you pay for...
Looking forward to your impressions. If you can take a picture comparing them to the GP Thunder bulbs as well. Just remember to take the picture from 20+ feet away to get an accurate view of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo123 View Post
I'm pissed that I ordered the LUX H8 V5's a few weeks ago and there was no mention of these 160's anywhere. The V5's are alot brighter than my old V4's but as soon as your not looking at them dead on and look from the side the outer ring is invisible
If you want to switch to the LUX H8 160's you can do that and we have a 60 day return policy on the lights. Just sent me a e-mail sales@LuxAngelEyes.com and i can get you the information needed if you want.

As for the outer ring, thats just the design of the headlight itself an that cant be changed. When you look at the outer ring up close you will see that there are grooves in the back, and when you look at it from an angle the grooves disappear. These grooves are what reflect the light outwards, so if you cant see the grooves you can see the light. Here's a picture of a stock style headlight so you can see what i'm referring to.

Also - we just removed the 2 pictures from earlier since they really do not do a accurate job of how they look in person

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 04-08-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0