View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #54
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
seems like you guys are trying to solve the problem with redirection when the root problem is the fact that there's just not enough projection of the light through the pre-LCI light tubes. I've tried the ibrights before on my M3 and they are nowhere close to OEM LEDs. When I got my LCI X5, you can't even compare the two, the ibrights were embarrassingly low light temperature because the LUX and similar bulb replacement is simply using 1 concentrated bulb and attempting to project it through a system of light tubes. Unless technology is changing and you can shove a light 10000x brighter into a bulb without taking up too much energy, you just won't get the same effect as a LED ring of lights that line up the halos.

What would help all of us would be if you can line up an OEM LED X5 or E9X car with a LUX outfitted pre-LCI car and let us do a side-by-side comparison. And then, I'll be tempted to try the LUX on my M3. My thought has always been that all HID replacement bulbs are the same, they will never be close to OEM LEDs...

and I know, the camera lies, the lens filter a lot of the surrounding light and makes the halos pop out more in pictures.

I am actually working to get those pictures of a side by side comparison. We have a 2012 X3 available that we can take a picture with next to the M3 and we will get those once the weather clears up a bit.

As for the other points you made yes the headlights are the limiting factor on how much light goes to the outer rings. The tubes that go to those rings are quite small, but by designing a bulb that focuses the vast majority of the light into those tubes it helps to compensate for this. Technology has changed quite a bit in the last few years with LED's so these are significantly different then the older ones.

the LUX H8 V3 we offered were rated around 750-800 lumen, but they also dimmed slight. the ibright lights you tried were probably around around 600 lumen if i had to make a guess. the new LUX H8 160's are 1600 lumen per side so its a massive difference and 3x brighter then what you tried back then.

Again i'll work on getting the pictures and i'll take them try and more accurately portray what the eye sees ( which is difficult). As well what i can do in the mean time is offer you a 100% money back return on them if you wanted to test them yourself.
Appreciate 0