12-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #15
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Hahaha.... not by choice... my wife bleeds BMW as much as I do, and her income is almost identical to mine. We're fortunate, no doubt. I think we work pretty hard, but more and more, we are starting to live by the idiom "you only go around once".

It 's nothing compared to a friend in our local BMW club. In the past TWO YEARS (that I am aware of):
-X5M
-e92 m3
-e92 m3 'vert
-e92 m3
-e92 m3
-135i
-135i
-e70 X5
-650i

All fully loaded. I don't think he keeps his cars for more than 3000 MILES. (And no, that is not a typo - he has purchased FOUR M3s in the past two years).

And I'm not finished. In that same TWO YEARS:

-MB SL550
-MB SLK AMG55
-Audi TT
-Audi TTS
-Audi S5
-Lexus IS-F
-Ford F-150 Raptor

And the list goes on..... I only know him as an acquaintance, so there are other cars.....

He has traded cars in, after seven to nine DAYS!!! In a couple of cases, he then bought the cars he traded in BACK, taking a kick in the goolies each time - not only in terms of trade-in, but on the buy-back, too. I honestly think that single-handedly, he accounts for about 5% of our BMW dealers sales. It gets that way when you keep your cars for a week only, LOL.

Yikes.

My wife and I are but noobs, in comparison. Why doesn't he buy and exotic (or five ). No idea. He was talking about a Bentley Continental, at one stage.

I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time when he is selling his cars.....
There must be something he does, in order to move from one vehicle to another

I know a few people like that, but he usally gets demos or lease take overs in order to change his vehicles.
Appreciate 0