Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savir04
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
From my experience from being stock, piggybacked, or ST'ed it seems that the logic in the dme does this on purpose only when you are within a couple hundred RPM of redline. It's almost like another over engineered logic to either reduce spikes at the turbos or run some cooler air thru the engine after a high load pull. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I hear you....I'm leaning more towards BMW intentionally coded this into the DME's logic to reduce lag between shifts, sort of like a 'No lift shift" setup...

If this is true, I guess a cobb DME reflash would remove this feature?

Or alteast give us access to the throttle body reference maps, in hopes of maybe removing this spike?
I'm not sure if it can be tuned out. If anything PTF would have the knowledge to do so. My compressor surges very little when this happens so what ever it's for its not hurting the turbos.
Appreciate 0