05-28-2020, 11:39 AM   #31
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by radial View Post
Hard to find here too from what I can see. It just happened to come with it.

I saw some people talking about changing the minimum speed that it will activate at so sure you could change the distance. From what I've see though, the older modules are not very fast which is why the distance is likely relatively far away. Can't find that thread now to share it.

That harness will work with the newer ACC2 yes, I believe that connector is P/N 8364624 and the pins for it are 61130005201.
However, if I need to use the older ACC unit, it has a 12 ping connector as far as I know. Trying to find photos of it is hard.

As for the LDM, I'm not sure I need it as at some point the functions of the LDM were integrated into the DSC unit and I have a later / newer version of the DSC (6864696), although I would perhaps need the pins to connect into the spaces on the DSC connector. Do you have any thoughts on that? It was something I read on other posts but perhaps applies to much later models like F series. Certainly the wiring diagram on newTis suggests I need it.
Hey Radial, sorry I missed some of your questions. I wasn't "in it" before, but now I am.

Ok, so I did grab all the signals from the DSC connector. I tried to buy parts so I could remove the pins from the DSC connector and put them in a new intermediating connector, but I didn't order parts correctly. I hate the Tyco marketing names and product organization- they make what could be very simple ever so complicated! Anyway, I had the Delphi connectors and pins, so I just cut the OEM pins from the car side harness and crimped on the Delphi pins, then wired up F-CAN, PT-CAN, 15WakeUP, etc. I was pretty happy with the result. Not many people could find my additions. At the same time I wired in the active steering module. That will be phase 2.

I haven't seen a wiring diagram for the E70 that shows no LDM. I have not looked into the X6 diagrams. The X5 diagrams show the FRR (radar) connected to the LDM via a private CAN they call S-CAN.

Last edited by robinasu; 05-28-2020 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0