igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
I had a similar issue with my car, the engine got an unstable iddle, sometimes was necessary to stop and re start the engine, usually on mornings with a cool engine.
The problem got so bad that I had to tow the car to the dealership, the diagnostic was a few faulty injectors, so there was no other choice other than replace all 8 injectors.
For my surprise, the new injectors had a different part number, that means they are not the same, they are a new generation, I was also told by an insider, when a part number changes usually means it is a new generation of the part (I will call it a "silent recall")
Now, I feel my car like it gained 100Hp's, the car drives like a whole new car, I'm so happy with the change that I don't regret spending $2000 in that job, its a another car, believe me.

A similar story happened to me when my dealer changed by warranty my front brakes (the new pad's had a new part #) because they made a terrible noise when driving in reverse.

Hope all this will help in some way
That is a great information. Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply to my issue. I have a feeling that mine is identical. I will look into replacing fuel injectors on it, might as well change spark-plugs while at it. As for the brakes, I am noticing the same problem. Seems like front brakes make too much high-pitch noise when braking hard. Maybe time to replace brake pads to the "new part#'s"
Appreciate 0