Thread: Auto Hold
View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If the Auto-H on the e70 is designed the same way it is on the F series BMWs...then they utilize the hydraulic brakes (DSC) while the car is moving and engine is running. The electronic parking brake is then applied when the car comes to a standstill.

Below is some info from a thread from a few weeks ago about this topic on another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSilver7 View Post
The gist I get from reading the info in the BMW TIS about the parking brake AND the auto hold braking feature is that they BOTH use the regular brakes (while the engine is running and car is moving)...then switches to the rear axle electromechanical drum brake when the car is at a stand still.

See the info highlighted in yellow for both the Parking and Auto Hold features...and both mention DSC brakes (front/rear axle) while car is in motion...then when car is at standstill (green highlights) both systems revert to the rear axle parking brake:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 06-16-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 1