View Single Post
      08-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #12
EL's X6
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 50i

Garage List
2011 BMW X6  [0.00]
Yes its #2 in the parts catalog posted. I searched almost every parts distributor possible and found Propeller Driveshaft on ebay selling them almost 50% off anyone else. I received the drive shaft in about a week and installed it with not problems. The drive shaft was the easy part (4 bolts). The hole in the oil pan was the pain. I opted for a weld repair versus replacing the oil pan to save $ and time. I doubt i saved that much time because the repair took forever to get right due to the space constraints, i did it with the pan installed. To remove the upper oil pan you must remove the wheel, hub, disconnect ball joints, remove cv axle, and front diff. The fight to get access to the rest of the bolts mounting the pan to the block.
So far so good. No vibrations, no leaks, no knocking, all seems good. I'll see how the drive shaft holds up during my next inspect at about 1000 miles. Word to all, take the time to inspect your drive shaft u joints at every oil change. Its just 6 bolts to pull off the skid plate to access the drive shaft. Would have saved me tons of heartache, time, and money.
Appreciate 0