Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
As I have owned my X5 for several years, I have found myself wanting more out of the stereo since I've been spending more time in it. It's a 2013 with the Hi-if system, and while it's not bad, I just feel it could be better. I've done some research on the Bavsound and Bimmertech systems and they appear to be a decent upgrade. But, I'd like to hear from those directly that may of done a system upgrade. I don't need anything to rattle the world, but a nicer system that is reasonably priced is my end goal.
I advise against Bavsound, I had nasty distortions with their speakers, and really got nowhere with Bavsound. They did refund me, but all installation and removal labor was a complete waste.

Bimmertech speakers are ok, they are certainly and upgrade from the Hifi system, but they aren't very impressive, about on par with Logic 7 system.

Look up the thread I posted yesterday, I upgraded to B&W system which is the top of the line option in the newest G models of BMWs, and I am very satisfied.
I found a Harmon Becker speaker set on Ebay that came out of a 2018 X5. I imagine that's the speaker set up you are referring to. What about amps? I'm sure the stock amp would be fine but any suggestions?
Appreciate 0