View Single Post
      04-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Jtravapd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 sport edition

Anyone know of a way to remove rear roundel?

I ordered all new roundels for my x5. I replaced the front one, all four wheel ones with black and white ones. I also purchased the suction cup tool which is supposed to make installation simple.

I spent two hours trying to get it to work to remove the rear roundel and it doesn't work for crap. Two of my neighbors also tried and they couldn't get it to work. The suction cup barely has enough suction to even stay on the roundel without falling off , never mind to remove it.

I tried a flat head screw driver covered with cloth and still no luck.

Does anyone know how to remove the rear roundel? I have to def take it off now, because its all scratched up from loosing patience trying to remove it.
I called jlives.com and they basically told me the suction cup works fine, i must be doing something wrong. I watched their youtube video, and its not even close to how easy it came off for them in the video.

Any help would be appreciated. Luckily i was able to replace the front grill with the all black one and replace the two side bumper reflectors with alpine white ones very easily. This one roundel is driving me nuts. The website is awesome for prices, the only downside is there is no instructions or anything that comes with any of the items i have ordered so far.
Appreciate 0