11-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #14
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Yes the f type interior is a cross of the old jag and a corvette. The layout is actually very similar to a c7. That car replaced a 991, which had a better interior but was a bore to drive as a street car. F type is my absolute fav for street driving, and I bought it on a whim when I was looking at the Range Rover sport for my wife. Jag was never on my radar. They just had a base white manual on the lot, it was out the door for a tick over 54k w tax, sticker was mid 60s. they could not sell it as each dealer needed to take a manual at the launch of manuals for 16. Jag has the right idea, just need a few more bucks on touch feel. People spending 60 plus are not going to care if it is 62k and everything feels nice, they will care if it is 60k and feels like plastic.

Another big offender in the crap interior plastics is tesla, looked at the x suv and really was a cheap feel, like a Chinese iPad copy sort of vibe, the backseat of the s looked like a cop car.

I really wanted the f pace as well but for a suv, your living in the inside, not driving dynamics. F pace did have good pickup and a nice automatic, but not enough to overcome the inside, plus full sticker. The bmw SUVs that we looked at were nicer, if the x4 was the new body we would have grabbed one of those, we ended up just leasing a Lexus something rx300? for a few years, basically an appliance, but nice none the less, and very cheap to lease for a 60k Crossover. Wife's car, I don't drive it often, have a few others and bikes. I would go x5 over f pace anyday, proven leader in category.
Agree with all your sentiments completely. Great deal on the F-type, and as somebody who used to work at Tesla during undergrad I must agree that the interiors of their cars are absolute trash both from a design and quality standpoint. I have always felt they are overrated cars for that reason alone.
Appreciate 0