11-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #11
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
I have an f type, interior quality on mine is great, real piano-black painted trim, real aluminum and real stainless steel, Alcantara and suede seats and leather smells amazing, not a rattle after 8k, and I hate rattles. The manual shift boot is of poor leather quality and the steering wheel feels too large (dia.), but that's about it.

The interior is much higher quality than my 2 series, granted 2 series is not known for a posh interior. The infotainment is a laugh, the paint is gorgeously done (7 mil pearl as opposed to my 2 mil EB metallic BMW).

We looked at an f Pace for the wife, even had a slot, when they came in they were garbage on the inside, like a Buick. I thought the high end may have been nicer, so I waited for one of those to come in but just the same. Almost felt pre-production. Passed on that one. F pace are selling great, f types not so much, so what do I know. People also like McDonalds...........
Well the 2-series is not even half the price of the F-type, a 6er is a more fair comparison. The last time i spent time with an F-type I thought the interior was just fine. Not the most engaging design but otherwise a OK for its class. Nice car collection btw!

I checked out 4 separate F pace models and all have this hard scratchy hard plastic lining the lower 60% of every door. I was honestly pretty shocked that such materials could make it to a high-end SUV. They wouldn't even be acceptable in a Civic. It's unfortunate because it's probably the most attractive mid-size SUV on the market right now, right there with the RR Sport and a notch above an M sport X5. I want to like it so bad. I'm amazed people who are buying them are tolerating the interior. Once the rattles pour in they won't be back.
Appreciate 0