doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
Well, it may or may not be good
I wonder if this new part is thoroughly tested
Also, I can buy 84212199390 for $159 from Tischer and not sure where to get new one other than from the dealer
Hmmm, that is a great price. I would go back to Tischer and ask why the part number is different on-line. I bet any competent BMW parts person would be able to tell you if if was a different part or they just renumbered it (I think they show the reason in their system). I'll reach out to my dealer as well. Note that on the ...90 product, there were multiple revisions. I have a -02 and a -04. I personally can't tell the difference but am having trouble with both. Today as a matter of fact, on the way to work in my 1M, my phone disappeared from iDrive (making my music stop as well). Had to take out my phone, snap out the adapter, snap it back in, put my phone back in and all was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
You can still use apps like Pandora, BMW remote, BMW connected, etc without adapter
Adapter gives you extra features and in some cases different interface
Correct - you can even do Pandora and/or Spotify and/or Mog without BMW Apps. You just have to do all the searching/setup/song selection on the phone/device rather than the iDrive.

But let's be serious Mac, they are never going to get you your X6 (It is probably a running joke down in SC....hehehehe "he thinks we made his car almost two months ago!")

j/k
Appreciate 0