Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Officially...
This is what the adapter gets you

1. Use the shark fin antenna for better reception
2. Charge the iPhone*
3. Video Playback
4. Plug in features**

* the above post is from here http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...+snap+features but I don't know why I wrote that you need it to charge the phone. I think just plugging in with the USB will do that no? (I think I got this list from BMW)

**PlugIn – changes the iDrive screen to the same look and feel as the iPod function on an iPhone. It allows you to take advantage of all the iPod features (Genius, album art, compiling playlists, etc) that are not available via the basic USB connection. With future iPhone software updates, new features will also be available in the car. An additional benefit comes in the way of increased interface speed.

Last but not least, on hot days on my 10 minute ride home from work, twice in the last month I've had my iPhone overheat in my 1 series (with snap-in adapter). Others have reported this with the 1-series as well (the only other board I normally go to). So while there is a fan, I suspect maybe it is not enabled on the 1-series? Never had the issue with the X6 however the center console area is a lot bigger so maybe there is better breathing room?
Shoot, so the Apps give me the option to use the functions, but I need the adaptor for a good amount of the functionality? I do not have an iphone, but I was planning on using my Ipod while tethering from my Galaxy Nexus to access internet features. Not sure i would have used it much but its a cool toy... that seems to need the adaptor...
Appreciate 0