View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
rios0311
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid

Qustion About X6 AciveHybrid Warranty

My X6 ActiveHybrid did not have any of the owner's manuals when I purchased it a few months ago. I found a good set on ebay and purchased it. I was surprised to learn that there is a section at the end of the warranty booklet that outlines a 7 year / 70,000 mile warranty on many of the hybrid's componenst, such as the Vanos, turbo, hybrid battery, brake pedal and booster, engine control module, head gaskets and a slew of other critical items (almost 2 pages worth) that I can't recall at the moment.

However, the manual states that those components are offered under the California Emissions Warranty thing-a-majig. The manual further states that the California Emissions Warranty applies only to vehicles sold, leased and or registered in a few states, such as Vermont, Pennsylvania, Maine, California, New Jersey, Connecticut and a few others.

I have a question about this. Since my vehicle is registered in Virginia, does this mean that the warranty does not apply to me? I think my vehicle was first sold in Georgia, a state that is not on the list. Since the warranty explicitly states "...or registered in..." I'm thinking that I can drive up to Pennsylvania when the regular warranty is almost up and register the car there to take advantage of the 7 year warranty on those components. I have an address I can use there.

Any comments on this? Am I interpreting this correctly? Will the fact that the vehicle is registered in one of those states make it eligible for the extra warranty coverage?
Appreciate 0