12-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Not sure where you got hate fest.
Hate fest is where your comment will most probably lead. It happens routinely.

That said, hate fest, love fest, does it matter? The thread is about BMW's electric road map. The moment you bring in Tesla, it becomes a discussion about Tesla. It's not on topic for the same reason Ford or GM's ability to release a product isn't on topic in a thread about BMW's next 3 Series.

Quote:
The point is everyone is clamoring over this new battery tech and to date it hasn't materialized...
It's a thread about future vehicles. So its no surprise the tech hasn't arrived. By definition, it should not have arrived yet. Furthermore, if that is your point, then it would be better made by simply stating that outright. Your original post didn't mention a single thing about batteries, it only mentioned a lack of product from Tesla.

Tough to win here. If I remove the constant Tesla muck outright, you'll see people cry foul and make accusations of bias. If I leave it, the thread degenerates and people (rightly) complain about that.

Talk about Tesla as much as you like - its a great topic to debate. I'm only trying to keep it from seeping into every last thread.
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50