12-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #49
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_TommyP View Post
Hey m5james, so I'm currently looking for remote starters again for the x5 and was wonder how you made out with kickyride. I'm looking at their OL-RS-BM1 kit with OL loader cable and Possibly an RF-51-EDP range extender. Did you ever write up that How to? The install instructions looks like there is splicing involved, is that correct? Please let me know, these cold starts in the morning are driving me crazy, I've been spoiled with remote starts in my previous vehicles.
Yes, it's all plug and play...no cutting required. It works good but it's not perfect and.sometimes the two systems sometimes conflict with each other. Let's say I lock the truck with comfort access and then I'll do a remote start before coming back...after coming back there will often be a 4-5 handle pulls delay before comfort access responds. Sometimes after locking the truck with the Kickyride ride remote, I'll get back into the truck and the truth will act like I don't have the key on me, forcing me to put it into the dash. Sometimes the truck will have the key profile from my physical key, sometimes it'll have the key profile from the key I had to clone to the Kickyride...I think that's a BMW issue though since I've heard of people having key issues. I LOVE the remote start for the cold and seeing people's reactions to my catless cold idle, but at $900 I've looked at other options for the GF's 535xiT.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M123.50