08-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
northern2020
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 M / '01 B5 S4/ 15 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCohen View Post
Northern2020 you sound like an ass. Skalberti you have a very valid question. I have been going through threads on this also. I take delivery of mine next week and I am wondering if I should trust the BMW dealership to use their kit or go and see Jeremy with Invisiguard. Anyone who has gone with the BMW kit would be great to here from you. Thanks

Oh yeah Northern2020 next time STFU
AJCohen...

STFA = search the forum archives. What were you thinking? If you were "going through threads also" surely you must have read about this known aerodynamic issue affecting all X5 M/M Package trucks. Its clear you lack comprehension because you still don't know what to do for your truck that you take possession next week. Trust the BMW dealership. And I am an ass, but not with my previous post buddy.

Its about time the moderators sticky this. .

SKalberti : Don't use dealers 3M. Get a pro to do a custom job, paying extra attention to the flares. The dealers pre-cuts don't cover the area thoroughly. Refer to posted pic with custom job and you'll be fine. Have your guy cut the flares so he can remove them if your roads are harsh and just replace in the future.

Hope you were not offended by Search The Forum Archives as noob AJCohen was but its apparent that you knew what STFA meant.

Do use 12-14 mil 3m (headlamp stuff) on the flares and doors because will rip up and sandblast the regular 8mil- which is why regular 3M fails and you read about it.
Attached Images

Last edited by northern2020; 08-06-2011 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0