View Single Post
      05-18-2017, 06:18 AM   #25
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I just had a go at my screen with the Novus 7100 kit and I'm delighted with the results.

But rather than remove the screen, I masked around it with masking tape and then used the cleaner and included cloth. I was amazed that this step alone removed all the scratched anti-glare coating, except for right at the edges. to address that, I bought some pink pencil erasers (the small ones with the tapered edges at each end), wrapped the cloth around the end, sprayed it with cleaner, and cleaned up the edges. The pointy end of the eraser gets right in the corners and its soft so it won't damage your screen. In retrospect, I think the masking tape may have been unnecessary as the cleaner should not damage the trim around the screen. I didn't mask the edges last night when using the eraser to clean up that hard to get at area.

So far, the improvement is huge, so much so that if the screen was in its current condition when I purchased the car, it would never have bothered me. It looks brand new for all intents and purposes. And I haven't had to use either of the polishes that came with the kit to get this result. My total investment = cost of the kit + $1.00 for a pack of erasers + some masking tape I had lying around + 30 minutes after dinner.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 06-26-2017 at 07:01 AM..
Appreciate 0