View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #9
BMW-SRT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63sAMG, GLC63sAMG, x5m, 335i

from what I know our e70 x5m's have different DME's from M's with the S63tu engine, that's why the tunners\flashes used on those cars wont work on ours.

On an old thread, Terry (n54tech\Jb4) said what our cars need is a backend flash to make big power, he mentioned the n54 and e70 x5m dme's are similar and it wouldn't take much for MHD tunning to crack our DME's and create a back end flash for us. A long while back I contacted MHD and they told me they have to many projects to even consider e70 x5m's.

looking back at the road i took when I upgraded to Pure stg 2's on my n54, A jb4 alone couldn't be used to fine tune the car, I had to get a MHD backend flash to be able to fine tune the car for max power, I had to get a bigger fuel pump, meth...

I have never been able to find any info with those on upgraded turbos on our x5m's, is our stock fuel system maxing out fuel trims, do our cars need a "stage 2 or 3" fuel pump to get big power from stage 2 turbos? Just not enough tuner support on the S63 platform
Appreciate 0