View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #8
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

The clay kit is good to go.

Never used the fast finish before so no input there.

That's a lot of waxes and they are probably all about the same. Keep the ultimate paste wax and quick wax spray. Return the rest. Paste wax for your deeper cleaning sessions, and spray wax for this quick clean ups. If you want longer lasting shine and protection, step up to a chemical sealant from Chemical Guys or Menzurna in place of the paste wax, or layer the wax on top of it.

I've never used that compound before but I'm sure it can be applied by hand. The question is, do you have the arm strength and stamina to actually be able to consistently break it down over the entire car? My guess is no. It'll do fine if there are a few sections where you want to clean up scratches by hand but going over the entire car with intent to remove swirls and scratches, you will regret it.

I believe the ultimate polish is more of a pre-wax polish, not much different than the pre-wax cleaner in the kit. It will remove minor imperfections but not everything and brighten things up before a wax treatment. It's probably more suited for hand application as well. I would recommend getting this and returning the compound.

So keep the kit, the paste wax, quick spray wax, waterless wash and clay bar. Return the rest.

That being said, with limited access to water and electrical, my honest opinion would be to pay to have the car professionally detailed and paint corrected and then you practice maintaining it. Meguires makes decent stuff but without a buffer, you won't really be able to correct the paint and the waxes don't last all that long (couple weeks tops). Have the paint corrected, a chemical sealant applied and learn to wash a car correctly without inducing swirls, and all you need is the wax and spray wax to keep it looking great.
Appreciate 0