View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
coolmayank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
glad to see stuff like this on the forum. The X5 forum is pretty small compared to other that have detailing specific sections, etc. I guess not too many enthusiasts own X5's compared to other BMWs.

I've used that compound before by hand but not the other products. The compound is ULTIMATE...I recommend using clay bar before that compound otherwise you'll have uneven wear and have to tear through some nasty stuff before actually polishing. Also, be careful with actual wax and make sure you use it out of the sun. I don't mean to insult your intelligence if you already know, just sayin'. Take before and after pictures!
. I understand the importance of washing the vehicle as no product can work on mud and dusty vehicle or applying the wax not in sun light. Unfortunately i don’t have water hose in my apartment so only source of it is self wash car joints, I go there a few times in month but want to try this waterless cleaning solution. The stuff shown in the pics is not included in the kit but I have bought a bunch of products by meguairs .

Which one of the ultimate wax do you use? Liquid or polish wax. I end up picking too much stuff as I wasn’t sure .. I can send the pics of individual items and you can suggest if it’s needed or not. I read that ultimate compound is a good abrasive. Is it possible to apply it without using any rotary/ buffing machine? I don’t have access to a power outlet so that means I will only be able to use the products that can be buffer using the applicator and microtowel

Here is the list of items I picked up

Meguairs ultimate wax liquid
Meguairs ultimate wax polish
Meguairs ultimate wax ( no buffing fast action)
Meguairs quick wax gold class for black vehicles.
Meguairs ultimate compound
Meguairs clay bar kit
Meguairs complete car kit ( includes 8 items)
Turtle clean and shine ( waterless)
Turtle wax and dry
Armor ultra shine spray wax

A few questions

It certainly seems a lot of wax products. I can probably keep the best 1-2 and return others . I need the one that can be applied using the hands without a tool?

Can ultimate compound be applied using hands without a machine ?

Is there any expiration on these products, i can’t find the dates on packaging

Any experience of using turtle [emoji217] products ? Can I use these interchangeable, though I***65039; would like to stick to a single brand so meguairs may be the choice .

My two most important questions here are the selection of wax and the products that can be applied by hand

Here is what I am thinking

Quick wash the car using self car wash
And drive back home . Let the car rest for an hour

Clean the car using the waterless meguairs

Use the clay kit

Apply the ultimate compound

Apply ultimate polish ( i don’t have it yet , so need to buy this one )

Apply ultimate wax

Again appreciate your knowledgeable inputs
Appreciate 0