mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsniperr View Post
Just picked up the x5m from the shop.

I was able to get the vacuum pump done with the solenoids and the lines.

I was also able to replace a lower radiator hose and repair about 3 smaller coolant leaks in the process of the tech being down there.

Idk if its just a conincidence but this car pulls way harder. 1st and second gear is solid and even 3rd. The light is a lot harder to trigger, but the malfunction light still does pop under heavy boost on the freeway.

Street driving its like a rocket. Im guessing this did help with the issues overall, but this damn light is such a game kill driving this thing.

The shop is pleading that it is the turbos and reccomend replacing both for $1440 labor only. I could pick up the turbos for about 2k brand new.

As far the smoking from the exhaust its still there. Hoping this ATP will help build those seals back to rejuvination. I Would say the total drive time is about 3-4 hours since putting in two bottles.

I can say its definitely less. Hoping a few more hours will do the trick. If not will do a oil changer with a bit thicker viscosity going into summer here in Vegas. Its running 5w30 in it right now so i may go up a bit in weight and add some more bottole of the atp to see how it treats that issue.

Overall, the car drives, and gets me from point a to b. Will keep you guys updated if I find anything out next.
Is your exhaust stock?

Right after I did my exhaust I would get the message consistently at WOT around 90mph. Turns out you have to plug the two tiny rubber hoses that control the exhaust valves/flaps on the stock exhaust if you disconnect them. So if you have aftermarket exhaust make sure they are plugged. Even if you still have your stock muffler, make sure both are still attached to the exhaust valves/flaps...make sure hoses are not cracked and leaking air even if they're connected...

Good luck man, I know how bad this can suck.
Appreciate 0