Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsniperr View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Just found CCV crossover cracked.

Doing this hose with the two other 1-4 / 5-8 bank ccv hoses on Friday out of precautionary.

Will be making the move on the turbos next. Just trying to swallow labor on it($1440 r&r)Which is something I would like to personally do on the car turbos on top doesn't seem THAT HARD to do.

If the valve stems need to be done, that's one hell of a job. I wouldn't mind taking it on considering I was a tech for 5 years.

It's just a matter of location. After the car got broke into here I've been trying to get a house with garage instead of a LUX apartment.

Be on the lookout for some awesome DIY posts ��
Turbos are not bad at all do since this is reverse flow engine so you wont have any problem at all doing them (tightening and loosening the header to turbo clamps are a bit tricky but other then that its pretty straight forward)

Get all new clamps when you do it, I tried to reuse them and despite new graphite gaskets, they still leaked a bit as they were stretched and had to go back in and redo it.

Valve stem seals is 40+ hours for a seasoned tech. I spent 120+ hours on mine as I ended up pulling the heads (while in car, I don't have a lift, NOT fun) to lap the exhaust valves which were pitted pretty bad and remove the carbon build-up which was excessive on not only the valves but pistons and combustion chambers and did a mild port and polish while I was in there... Good time to replace alot of other stuff while you are at it if you have the time like I did (Vacuum pump (on sale for 60 bucks from 450!!!), water pump, pressure regulators, tensioner pulley, vacuum hoses)

I painted the valve covers while I was at it....which was kinda dumb, I forgot you cant really even see them on the N63 with its lame air cleaner setup when its back together...They would look pretty decent on a S63 like yours since you can see a more of the engine with its different intake/air filter design so if you decide to do it, I have some tips on painting them if interested.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 04-16-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0