View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #81
ucsbwsr
Captain
Rep
Drives: E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
Was lucky enough to buy a ccv block off plate years ago when a guy did a custom run. I have the provent, check valve,24mm id hose ect, but am procrastinating (like a lot of my mods) because I cant come up with a solution for the oil return. I did not like the way people were jb welding/hacking a t-fitting into the dip stick line. Just be aware that a few holes need to be drilled in the provent to accommodate m57 crank case pressures. I forget the member but he did a lot of real world testing to arrive at the three extra holes he drilled in the baffle to equalize everything. Its posted somewhere in the 335d forums.

I have an insane diesel oil bypass kit in route with a oil cap return but return needs to be below the provent since it's gravity fed so cant use that for both tasks unfortunately. Hopefully will have room for both tanks as I opted for the X2 filter housing for more surface area. Interested to see how your address oil return from the catch can as well
What are the details on your oil bypass kit? Nice you got one of the plates, the one with the welded aluminum elbow? I plan to build something similar but with a shorter snout. Catch can mounted on the back wall. I am a bit picky about engine bay aesthetics so huge heater hoses laying across the intake manifold are a big no-no for me. On my fast e61 I have both low-load and high-load catch cans and thankfully I was able to tuck them along the back wall. I won't be worrying about oil return as I have no problem periodically checking and emptying the collected oil, oddly the process brings me a small bit of satisfaction. If it turns out to be a hassle then I will upgrade to a larger can or look into plumbing it.

Here is the E61 setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
Well I know why it's better than the other tuners but I don't feel it's my place to say why. If you want I can give you his info and you can chat with him about his tune.

And yes I agree a dyno sheet means more than a butt dyno which is why I dynoed mine lol. And as you can see from my dyno smoke isn't bad at all and my intercooler pipe was leaking then haha. But thanks! I'm hoping to find a dynojet in my area to dyno again since he's updated my tune twice and I'm going to be installing meth and a new intercooler soon to try and break the 400whp mark. Oh and did I forget to mention free updates too? That's a huge plus if you ask me since my upgrades don't always happen at once or if there's an issue with the tune.
Updates are a BIG bonus for me so that sits really well. If you don't mind I would love to hear your take on what makes his tuning stand out. I definitely plan to talk with Ryan later but am all ears to hear your story.

BTW, do you have any logs from pulls?

Evan
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlet, AR DPs, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP +Tial
Appreciate 0