View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #39
E70MGU
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i

Recap of my story: after all 8 injectors, plugs, connecting lines, etc. my wife and I made a trip to the Outer Banks, NC ~500 miles one way. CEL popped up while we were there and drove fine. Ran around on vacation and drove home without issue. Dropped at the dealer, they had my X5 for 6 business days diagnosing and working with engineering. I picked it up a few days ago.

Car was running rich in bank#2. Turbo inlet causing leak. Turbo inlet pipe seal and MAF replaced. Still rich. Replaced o2 sensor on bank#2.
Bank #1 then throwing rich condition, replaced o2 sensor on #1, did not fix issue.
PUMA case opened.
Replaced MAF sensor on bank #1 and ignition coil.

The awesome thing about all this is the dealer handled everything under goodwill. Just under 57K, I bought the extended maintenance since we put on 15-20K per year. Didn't do a warranty...may re-think that now.

Anyway, since getting it back, running great. Gas mileage is 1-2 better doing the around town driving. Heading to our shore house Friday afternoon, I'll see how good the gas mileage really can get!