07-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Doenermann
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
Glad to hear JB4 works well, you should have a few different maps to play around with but I'm not sure if the others are more likely to damage the engine or throw error codes. I likely have a problem with the Dinan software which could only be related to the X6 (not the n54 335i) as they're not aware of any such issues...supposedly. I've seen the akropovich tips online, they do look very nice. But if I went that route, I'd have to get BMW to refund about $800 in parts, labor and paint. Haven't tried but given that they're doing a lot more than changing the look (not as advertised), I may have a chance... And regarding the fitment issue, I have concluded that while they do not fit like the 50i OEM ones do (completely horizontal, not slanted), they still look nice so I can probably live with the fitment. Will still inquire about it at my next service appointment.

I just don't understand who decided to remove that valve. The square tips are only welded on at the end and do not require any of the piping leading up to the tips to be different. and they were specifically designed for the 35i and d, maybe there is no drone on the diesel or the muffler is producing a different sound on the n55s.

Also, I completed 25 minutes at 4-4300rpm late last night on the freeway, doesn't appear to have cured anything but seemed to have some improvement. More on that as I drive more this coming week.
Appreciate 0