View Single Post
      03-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Got CPO'd X5M but no CPO checklist or paperwork. Dealer mistake?

I just got a CPO X5M little less than a month ago and it had an issue with a bad battery. Since I got the truck just a few weeks ago if they did a full CPO inspection to it the battery should have failed then too. Car sat for most of the last 2 years so no way it would have tested under load for the CPO testing even if it was charged. Just could not hold cranking amps. Was weak the day I got the car and a problem until they replaced it.

Got me thinking though. What else didn't get checked? Did some digging and from what I could gather I should have got a statement of Certification and a CPO checklist at delivery. Dealers still have to do this, correct? Or is it optional to present these to you unless you ask for them?

The only indication at all that my car is on the sales invoice they wrote CPO and the expiration date of it. Besides that I'd never know it was a CPO car. It was marketed and advertised as CPO BTW.

I've now requested a copy of the checklist and certification documents. Waiting to hear back. Anything else I should do or any other way to see if BMW NA has record that this was certified and inspected properly? Any other advice?

Thanks
Appreciate 0