12-04-2017, 06:39 AM   #12
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
This is my 4th ///M (my first being an E34 ///M5, hence my screen name across all messageboards) so the ///M tax is nothing new to me...doesn't mean I accept it like others do though. I'll still try to treat it like any other car and shop for deals. MSR himself has been helpful to me in other ways over PM since they don't make S63 stuff. As for people who buy his intakes, that's their choice...at the end of the day allmotor2000 has proven they're an unnecessary expense seeing as I believe he's still got the fastest M5 to record, on stock intakes no less.
That's a fact. If these make power, I haven't noticed it. Sure do sound nice as hell though.

Quote:
R would make more money if he didn't try to make so much on each one and sold them for a more reasonable price...Costco and WalMart type mentality vs what he's doing now.

I realize how fortunate I am to have gotten my intake, but I've also talked to the guy who made them originally in an effort to have them recreated for others (something R cried to the admins about since I'm not a vendor, which in turn got me placed on ban for like a month), but ultimately my thread was deleted. Between talking to the guy who welded them up and my own personal experience with working with carbon fiber, my gripe is what he charges for them...which if I got my way (unlikely), would be more beneficial for those wanting it seeing that they'd be more reasonably priced. I have no desire to become a vendor though, I just wanted to help others get a reasonably priced intake and was shut down by someone who bought their way into leverage.
Yeah, a lot of us were holding out for this to happen but I remember it being nipped in the bud REAL QUICK. I also think R should have considered making the intakes from a different material to keep the price point/cost down but we all know how that went...

Quote:
I love debate as well We're still good, bro
Yessir!
Appreciate 0