View Single Post
      08-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #49
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrofly View Post
On my third M, two naturally aspirated (still burned oil). I believe quite a few XM's and 5.0 's are driving around with the wrong oil in them. But the injector issues seem to be getting worse which surely is ethanol related. Always fill from same gas station if possible and avoid slow pumping gas cause its probably mostly water and will totally screw up fuel related components. BMW will surely have to modify their high pressure fuel systems to accommodate this crappy ethanol. I've been using techron injector cleaner every 7500 miles and engine responds well. I think letting unknown new technicians screw with injectors and fuel system will just throw a wrench into ethanol created issues. Black pipes and rear soot are normal from these high compression engines, just make sure oil is weighted correctly so proper flow is lubricating engine correctly.
Fuel injectors and ignition issues have nothing to do with the oil.

Any decent gas station (ie. 99% of them in major centers) will have volume corrected fuel pumping at an adequate pressure. That's also hardly an issue.

Regarding ethanol, simply, it's not the ethanol. BMW has had injector issues since '09 on the V8 X5's and multiple part number revisions since then. Ethanol has been around for a much longer time than that, and has been made to work on almost every platform. My personal 50i was only ever filled with Shell 91 which is ethanol free. My injectors were replaced multiple times over 3 months - still misfired.

And "new techs screwing with injectors"? These are authorized BMW repair shops or dealerships replacing the parts per the FSM and with OEM replacement parts - what are you talking about??? Have you ever replaced an injectors and decoupling element? It's not rocket science and it's very hard to screw up.

Lastly, for this vehicle, black, sooty exhaust and coated bumpers is NOT normal and is an indication of misfiring.

To summarize, your whole post was nonsense aside from your suggestion to use the correct oil (which is unrelated to the misfiring issue we're all talking about).
Appreciate 0