10-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
Any known issues with the X5M?

I Google search everything and it seems that the X5M doesn't have any report of any problems.

From one of my earlier post I reported a injector problem, the tell tail sign was from the blacken bumper cover area near the exhaust opening.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722935

After the injectors was replaced the bumper area remained clean for awhile and recently it started to get black again. So I took it to the dealer and hoping they would find the same injector problem. To my surprise the shop foreman told me that they can't do anything with the car if it is not throwing a code. Last time I had a missfire code, which didn't set of a CEL (check engine light).

So basically he told me there is nothing he can do until there is an error message stored.

So my bumper continues to get darker... recently I noticed that the car is also using up oil. My oil measurement markers have never moved since new. So far 14,000 miles I've had two oil changes done by the dealer (I paid for them). And now the oil level gauge dropped 1/4 level.

Not sure if this is related to my suspicion of another leaky injector.

Have anyone else had issues with their X5M? Or maybe I am just too gear head to be noticing these things?
Appreciate 0