View Single Post
      05-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #66
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Picked it up today and there still seems to be a few things that I'll be looking into. I'm getting a sporadic code that comes in and goes away (P0238 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit High).

Currently right now I get about 10seconds of full throttle acceleration before boost drops to like 20psi...EGT's aren't too high either so I've got to look into why it's dropping boost. If I'm stopped I get up to about 120km/h at 32psi the whole time and then it drops to 20psi and starts climbing up to 24psi over a few seconds in 4th gear.

When cruising around 100 and going full throttle it will hit about 160-170km/h and then it does the same thing...boost drops to 20psi and starts creeping back up to 24 but it seems slow.

It's completely fine to drive around town/lots of fun for a quick pull and I would say 98% of people won't even notice what I'm describing above if their car was tuned this way since they likely get out of the throttle by the time I'm noticing the drop in boost. It gets better mpg than stock for sure, sounds great and I'll be driving it about 4000miles in the next three days with a trailer so that should say how reliable it is.

As an FYI this is a Megaspeed tune that has been loaded on my ECU.

I will be getting a third eye from a reliable BMW tuner state side hopefully soon so we can see if there is something we might have missed with the boost dropping after an extended full throttle acceleration.

I also would like to adjust fueling a bit more on startup and accel as I feel like it can be tweaked further.
Appreciate 0