View Single Post
      07-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #206
BIMMERGUY91
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335I M Sport

Let me start by saying this. I don't believe this as strongly as I once did but I still believe it. Jordan is the greatest ever at this point due to his awards and his absolute killers mentality.

BUT...

Lebron is the most impressive physical specimen to ever play the game of basketball. He is a 6'8" 260lb NFL linebacker but with the speed and hands of an elite wide receiver and an off the charts basketball IQ.

Jordan might have averaged more points over his career BUT that is simply because Lebron does not have a score first mentality. He elevates the play of those around him. He distributes the ball like Magic Johnson, rebounds like Rodman and when he decides to (as evidenced by his NBA Finals stats) can score like MJ. He has around 30% more triple doubles than MJ in less time.

No he does not have 6 rings but that is due to the level of talent surrounding him rather than his own downfalls. The 2007 Cavs had no business any where near the Finals. The 2015 Cavs were so thin by the time they reached the Finals that they were basically playing with a bunch of has beens and scrubs. The only Finals loss I would directly attribute to LBJ is the 2011 NBA Finals where he completely disappeared.

I believe if Lebron could have willed his team to a Finals victory this year with Love and Irving injured he would probably have surpassed Jordan as the GOAT.
2007 Z4MC #1019/1815 (Sold)
1997 M3 (Sold)
1991 325i
Appreciate 0