10-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
don't really care about it. those are seriously like the three most useless options to have been released within the past couple of years.
Hmmm, speak for yourself.

I for one would LOVE to have Night Vision in the X6. I also contacted BMW about this option as it was originally listed on the International and some other countries websites under the 'Safety Features' heading. After my inquiry, this has been removed from all those websites as this feature is NOT available on the X6!

A few years back, I had an accident at 2:50am in the middle of nowhere. A rather LARGE deer came out of nowhere. I was going about 120km/h (~75mph) and at first I tried to move into the oncoming lane (no traffic at all) to try and avoid the deer since the deer seemed to turn back and run off the road, however the deer changed his mind and turned again to run across the road and right into my car... By the time I had stopped the car, the deer had run off. The front end and passenger side of the car suffered quite a bit of damage.

Now if I would have had night vision, I would have been able to spot the deer long before I got where he was... It was pitch black and even with the high beams on, I wasn't able to see the deer till it was basically to late!

Just because you don't care about these options doesn't mean that they are totally useless. If you don't like them, don't buy them. But BMW should make them available to those of us who would prefer to have them and are able to pay for them!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0