View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
chadcham
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i

X5M / MSport body retrofit help

I have been plowing through all of the past discussions on retrofitting either the X5M or MSport paintable bumpers onto an Pre-LCI E70 and I still don't have a clear answer as to what is compatible. My X5 is a 2008 X5 4.8 and in a twist of luck someone rear ended me and their insurance is paying to replace my rear bumper, so it's given me the push to replace my front bumper and wheel wells with color matched parts as well.

Can anyone tell me what part numbers will fit for my car? I was hoping to put the X5M front bumper but I can't find any place that addresses what is compatible.

When asked in the past Sweeper answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
It will work with stock Headlights but ...

You will need to buy 4 plastic nets (inserts) and probably the air ducts will not fit as needed.

I've done that on pre LCI X5 and had to cut the fenders too as they are different on LCI and non LCI models. You are lucky =]

Will make a photo tomorrow.
But I'm not sure how extensive that work would be. Here are the part numbers online BMW parts show matches my car but these are not the X5M bumpers as far as I can tell:

Primed Front Bumper with PDC 51 11 8 037 267
Primed Rear Bumper with PDC 51 12 8 037 277

I also saw the front bumpers below mentioned in previous posts, but have no idea if they would match up correctly, but I would much prefer the M-style bumper:

X5M Front Bumper
51-11-7-205-908 w/o camera
51-11-7-258-347 w/ camera
51-11-8-049-701 LCI M-package front bumper

If anyone can help shed some light on what actually fits I would be very thankful!

Chad
Appreciate 0